RL3di Technical Camera
RL3di is a multi-format performer, optimized for wide-angle photography using 4x5 film, or for extended stitching using a digital back. Our professional-grade technical camera has been designed for the photographer seeking unmatched precision and control.
The RL3di features a finely pitched helical focusing mechanism, noted for its precision movement and smooth positive friction that reduces focus errors from accidental bumps. What sets the RL3di apart is its geared axis tilt seamlessly built into the camera body, allowing tilt or swing movements when using ARCA-SWISS R-mount technical lenses, 23 mm to 210 mm.
With versatility in mind, RL3di can also be paired with a digital or roll film back, using ARCA-SWISS 6x9 adapter plates and reducing adapter.
- Integrated helical focusing with bayonet lens mount for ARCA-SWISS R-mount lenses
- Gear-driven, self-locking micro-metric controls for precise adjustments
- AIP (all-in-plane) rise, fall, and lateral shift - all X/Y movements are independent, made on the image plane with the lens remaining fixed, ensuring no change in perspective
- Integrated self-locking axis tilt compatible with R-mount lenses 23 mm - 210 mm
- Supplied with resin hand grips with an option to extend
- International Graflok 4x5 ground glass back with integrated fresnel
- Camera mounting foot - monoball®Fix with Classic adapter
- Mount to a tripod or use handheld with the VarioFinder accessory
- Modular and expandable with optional accessories
RL3di Technical Camera
Weight: 3.3 lb / 1500 gr
Dimensions: W = 9 in / 23 cm, H = 10.5 in / 26.2 cm
Lateral Shift: +/- 20 mm Micrometric geared
Rise: 40 mm Micrometric geared
Fall: 20 mm Micrometric geared (RL3di can be reverse mounted if increased fall is required)
Tilt Or Swing: +/-5° Micrometric geared (TUM turns 90° manually to utilize swing)
Lens Mount: R-Bayonet
Ground Glass back: Graflok
Integrated Fresnel: Yes
Levels: 2 x Bullseye levels
If the camera you wish to purchase is currently out of stock, additional units may be on the way or a special order may be necessary. To inquire about inventory and availability, please reach out to us directly. Typically, cameras stocked at ARCA-SWISS USA are shipped from the factory and restocked every 2-4 weeks.
Please note that certain cameras, due to their modular configuration and various format possibilities, may only be accessible through a special order that we can place for you.
To proceed with a special order, simply contact us directly. During this consultation stage, we can offer to schedule an online demonstration and work closely with you to determine your specific requirements and preferences to ensure you are ordering the right camera and accessories.
The production and delivery timeline for special order cameras is typically 4-12 weeks. Please note that special orders cannot be canceled or returned once the order is placed. A non-refundable advance deposit is required to place the order.
For more information, delivery timeframe, or to place a special order, please contact us directly.