QuickLink is a quick release breech mount with a locking ring designed to quickly attach and detach a tripod head from tripod legs. This is an excellent accessory for professional photographers who use more than one tripod or head. It allows for quick and easy changes between tripod legs or on studio stands, sliders, ground plates, and more. Additionally, it helps protect your tripod head investment by allowing you to quickly remove the head from your tripod for travel and storage.
- Quick-release mount with locking ring
- A perfect solution for photographers who need to switch between multiple tripod heads or legs quickly and efficiently
- Enables quick changes between tripod legs, studio stands, sliders, ground plates, etc.
- QuickLink Set includes a receiver base with 3/8" socket and a tripod head disk with 3/8" screw
- Expandable system for additional tripods, heads, sliders, and accessories
- Head disks and receiver base available for separate purchase below
QuickLink tripod head disk only
QuickLink receiver base only
ARCA-SWISS QuickLink Set 802320 includes:
1x receiver base 3/8"
1x tripod head disk 3/8"
Weight: 4.9 oz / 138 gr - QuickLink Set
Weight: 3.6 oz / 102 gr - QuickLink receiver only
Weight: 1.3 oz / 36 gr - Tripod head disk only
Height: 17 mm
Diameter: 70 mm
Before installation, separate the tripod head disk from the QuickLink base receiver. If you have difficulty, jump to the troubleshooting area below.
Note: Do not over tighten the small anti-twist screws or you will risk warping the receiver base, tripod mounting plate, or strip the set screw which may inhibit proper operation.
1. Thread the QuickLink base receiver to the top of your tripod. Tighten it as much as possible.
2. Using the smaller supplied allen wrench, tighten the small “anti-twist” set screw (inside the receiver base) until snug, do not over tighten the small anti-twist screws.
3. Next, attach the QuickLink head connecting plate to the base of your tripod head using the large supplied allen wrench. Tighten it as much as possible.
4. Using the smaller supplied allen wrench, tighten the small “anti-twist” set screws just until snug, do not over tighten the anti-twist set screws.
5. Once both QuickLink components are mounted, rotate the receiver locking ring to align the three flanges on the tripod head disk with the receiver flange cutouts.
6. When the silver pins are visible in the flange cutouts, the head disk may be mounted or unlinked. Note the position in the illustration below.
1. To mount, turn the locking ring to reveal the silver stop pins in the flange cutouts. Align the tripod head disk flanges to align with the receiver flange cutouts. Drop the tripod head into the tripod receiver.
2. To lock, rotate the locking ring clockwise until snug.
3. To dismount, turn the locking ring counterclockwise until it stops. Lift the tripod head to remove it from the QuickLink receiver.
The QuickLink tripod head disk should be left on the tripod head for quick mounting. The QuickLink receiver base should remain attached to the tripod legs for travel. Protect your tripod head with a neoprene cover and transport in your camera bag, rolling case or backpack.
If you cannot separate the two QuickLink components before installation:
Hold the QuickLink set with your thumb on the bottom of the receiver, and your index and middle finger on each side of the 3/8ths screw on top of the head disk. Squeeze both components together firmly.
With your opposite hand, rotate the locking ring on the outside of the receiver counter-clockwise until the three flanges on the head disk align with the cutouts on the receiver. The silver pins in the flange cutouts will be visible. Grab the 3/8ths screw of the tripod head disk and lift the disk up and out of the receiver.
If the knurled locking ring does not stop
Locate the small Phillips screw in the knurled locking ring. This screw may be tightened, but only until snug. Do not over tighten this screw or you may inhibit proper operation!
No maintenance is required for the ARCA-SWISS QuickLink. However, it is recommended to keep the product clean and free of debris to ensure optimal usage.